We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
We do not ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers online.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer services) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can contact us here.
Supplementation of information:
Foreign Tongues does not share any information we receive from this website will any third party sources.
Site and service updates:
We may send the user site and service announcement updates. Customers are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Notification of changes:
Use of Personal Data
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in a number of ways to:
- Provide you with the service or information you have requested from us via phone, contact form or quote requests.
- Contact you with appropriate marketing messages where you have given us permission to do so.
- Ensure we contact you based on your preferences depending on the permission you have given us this may be by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media or via a mobile application.
- Seek feedback from you following using our services. Your feedback allows us to improve our website, products and services.
- To pass your details, where appropriate, to our insurers and our solicitors should there be a legal need to do so.
- Improve our website and the range of services and products we provide.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- If you enter a competition administered by Foreign Tongues, we will hold your entry details for the purpose of the competition. Once the competition has been closed and verified, your details will be disposed of.
What personal information we hold about you?
We only ask you to supply information that we need in order to provide the service you have requested. We will normally ask you to provide us with:
- Your name.
- Your contact details – email address and phone number.
But we may request other information, where it’s appropriate and relevant, for example:
- Your title.
- Your payment details.
- How you would like us to contact you.
- What type of marketing would you like to receive and how you would like to receive it.
- How you heard about offers, promotions and Foreign Tongues.
Where we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you in several ways:
- Via our websites when entering competitions.
- When you contact us by mail, phone, email, social media or live chat.
- When you complete one of our online, tablet or paper-based customer satisfaction surveys.
- When submitting an online enquiry or quote request form.
- When signing up to receive marketing communications online, in person or over the phone.
- When you have used a social media platform to contact us – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+.
- Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the user experience, better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet).
How we may use your personal information for marketing
We only use your personal information for marketing where you have positively opted in by giving unambiguous consent to do so or you have provided permission to other organisations to allow us to market to you, for example, via Facebook.
We rely on marketing to help improve our services and customer experiences and by using the information you provide us we are able to contact you with specific marketing messages based on your preferences. Depending on the permission you have given us this may be by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media or via a mobile application.
We understand that your circumstances change and you can easily withdraw the permissions you have given us, at any time, either by using our contact details in this notice or by using the methods we tell you about in our communications, e.g. the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our emails.
Our marketing communications include information about latest translation and language trends, best practices, updates on recent surveys, studies and much more. If you would like to receive such communications but have not opted in please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share your data with
We do not share or sell your data to any other company for marketing purposes.